Hearty & strong vegan pancakes made with spinach!
- 1 1/3 cups of dry rolled oats
- 1 banana
- 1 cup raw fresh spinach
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom
- 1/2 tsp of maca powder
- 1/4 tsp of ginger powder
- 1 tsp of Simply Organic madagascar pure vanilla extract
- 2 T Barlean's organic chia seed
- 1 1/2 cup of Silk original unsweetened almond milk
- Optional: top with maple syrup
- Optional: top with nut or seed butter
- Optional: top with fresh fruit
In a blender or vitamix, blend 1 cup of the oats into an oat flour and then add 1/2 cup of almond milk and blend until smooth. Next add banana, spinach, cardamom, maca, ginger, vanilla, and adding another 1/2 cup of almond milk, blend. Once smooth, add chia seeds and the last 1/3 of oats and pulse lightly. The extra 1/2 cup of almond milk is needed in case you need to thin out the batter a bit. Apply a light coat of coconut oil into a pan on medium heat. Make sure the pan is hot and pour batter into the pan. Option to use an ice cream scoop to pour into the pan. Once it begins to brown along the edges and air bubbles appear, flip over (about 2-3 minutes each side) and then remove from heat. These dense pancakes can be eaten cold as an on the go snack or warm with your favorite topping.
Recommended Brands: Barlean's, Simply Organic, Silk, Vitamix